The Woodbond story
In 1986 John Pfitzner discovered the Titebond product at an Atlanta machine fair. He began importing 44-gallon drums of Titebond Regular from Franklin International for his own use and one other local manufacturer, and Woodbond Adhesives was formed. By reputation alone, the business has grown from one tonne per year to now over 100 tonnes, with a much larger product range.
But the Titebond story begins more than 60 years earlier. Franklin has been the industry leader in bonding wood and wood products. Their history of innovation started in 1935 with Liquid Hide Glue, a ready-to-use formula that revolutionised the woodworking industry. In 1955, Franklin again set the standard with the development of the first aliphatic resin glue, Titebond Original Wood Glue. And then in 1991 introduced Titebond II Premium Wood Glue, the first one-part Type II water-resistant glue. Franklin’s long-standing commitment to research and development continues to bring new and innovative products to the market. Most recently Titebond III Ultimate a one-part waterproof adhesive.
Woodbond Adhesives now offer an expanded line of Titebond products which cater to the professional woodworker as well as the larger furniture and woodworking markets. These wood glues are at the leading edge of technology and we will continue to provide innovative products to meet the needs of the Australian woodworking market.